Data Analytics for Drilling Optimisation [Abu Dhabi]
11th November 2018 – Abu Dhabi, UAE
Held in conjunction with The Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition and Conference (ADIPEC)
In today’s world, traditional methods of drilling oil wells don’t work as much anymore. Yesterday’s practices are being superseded by a universal trend towards the extensive use of historical and real-time data to understand, learn and predict all well intervention operations. This course explores the impact of data analytics on well operations. Drawn from the presenter’s extensive experience in data analysis, it examines, in easily understandable terms, today’s data management processes targeting process improvement. The course introduces issues related to:
- Basic concepts of data management with emphasis in drilling operations
- Methods of using data as a basis for improving and optimizing process control
- Achieving a common understanding of the issues involved among information technology personnel and field engineers
- A roadmap for the implementation of a drilling process improvement system
- Business Intelligence as the ultimate goal of data management processes
- Discussions about data acquisition, quality control, storage, retrieval and analyses
- Understanding concepts for operational time and trouble analyses, learning curve, technical limit and benchmarking
- Real business cases to illustrate the concepts explored in the course.
Pricing & Registration
SPE Members & Non-Members: USD 500
1 Day (Daily Activities Agenda)
By the end of the course, participants are expected (to some extent) to:
- MANAGE common issues in dealing with IT and engineers groups
- UNDERSTAND the importance of data management techniques to improve drilling processes
- LEARN essential data management and analytics techniques to effectively use them in the business context
- OBTAIN insightful knowledge on how to implement data management and data analytics in the company
- LEARN how to effectively develop analytics for each level of data maturity in your company
- AVOID the use of self-centric data management projects which are “hard to sell” inside your company.
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who would like to understand the field of Data Analytics and implement it to improve drilling and related operations in their companies.
Professionals who are responsible in the following functional areas would be relevant:
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Drilling and related operations
- Business Unit Heads
- Data and Business Analysts
- Data Mining/Data Managers/Data Science Analysts.
Engineers are responsible for enhancing their professional competence throughout their careers. Licensed, chartered, and/or certified engineers are sometimes required by government entities to provide proof of continued professional development and training. Training credits are defined as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) or Professional Development Hours (PDH).
Attendees of SPE training courses earn 0.8 CEUs for each day of training. We provide each attendee a certificate upon completion of the training course.
This course is available for in-house training at your office location.
Instructor – Dr Carlos Damski
Dr Carlos Damski, the founder and CEO of Genesis Petroleum Technologies, has accumulated nearly 35 years of experience in IT, including the past 18 years during which he has focused on drilling data analysis, dealing with major companies around the world. He has a PhD in Computer Science from Sydney University and has a number of technical papers published in OTC, SPE, IADC, etc. He is the author of the book “Drilling Data Vortex – Where the bits meet the bits”. The book explains in details how to use data to improve drilling activities. Dr Damski combines an extensive experience in software technology and drilling procedures so he is in right position to model and extract business intelligence from drilling data, allowing companies to improve their drilling processes. Those are essential skills for the forthcoming Digital Drilling Engineer and data analysts. His expertise encompasses major field campaign development, from initial concepts, until the detailed plan and follow up. This closes the loop for continuous process improvement, where we plan, execute, analyse and provide feedback for future wells.
His expertise encompasses major field campaign development, from initial concepts, until the detailed plan and follow up. This closes the loop for continuous process improvement, where we plan, execute, analyse and provide feedback for future wells.